This post is on How to Fix Disney Plus Black Screen.
If you’re having trouble streaming Disney+ on your TV or laptop, you might be experiencing the dreaded black screen.
A blank display is an all-too-common issue that can make it impossible to enjoy your favorite movies and shows.
Fortunately, there are easy solutions for getting rid of the Disney Plus black screen!
In this article, we’ll walk through some simple steps you can take to troubleshoot and fix a black screen when using Disney+.
I’ll cover everything from restarting devices to updating software and checking connections.
Whether you’re new to streaming services or a seasoned pro, this guide will help get your TV back up and running in no time.
So if you’ve been staring at a dark display as you try to watch The Mandalorian, don’t worry—we’ve got your back with our comprehensive guide on how to fix Disney Plus black screens.
Keep reading to find out more about solving your streaming woes!
Table of Contents
Why Is Disney Plus Showing Black Screen?
The Disney+ black screen issue is a common problem amongst many users.
It can be caused by several factors, such as poor internet connection or outdated software.
As such, there are various solutions to this problem and it’s important to understand what may have triggered the issue in the first place.
Incorrect Device Settings
One of the common causes of the Disney Plus black screen issue is incorrect device settings.
Make sure you’re running the latest version of your device’s operating system, as well as the latest version of the Disney Plus app.
Proxy or VPN
If you use VPN or proxy while watching Disney+, you may see a black screen problem or some other related problem.
Make sure that you’re connected to a reliable and secure server, as some proxies can interfere with streaming services.
Faulty Disney+ Server
There are chances that Disney+ Server is down and you are facing the issue. I also faced the issue once their server was down.
To stay up to date with any server issues, check for updates on Disney’s website or social media accounts.
You can even check the Disney server status on this website.
Disney Plus Cache Files
Outdated or corrupted cache files can be responsible for the black screen issue on Disney+.
Try clearing your browser cache and then restarting your device to see if that resolves the issue.
If you don’t know how to do this…
I will show it in the section.
Corrupt Application Files
It’s possible that some corrupted files in your Disney+ app can be causing the login black screen problem.
If this is the case, you need to uninstall and reinstall the app to fix it.
Certain browser extensions can interfere with streaming services like Disney+, causing blank screens or other playback troubles.
Try disabling all extensions on your browser and then visiting Disney+ again to see if it fixes the issue.
Stuck on Buffering
A blank screen or spinning wheel may be a sign of a connection problem, as well as buffering, freezing, or errors during playback.
If this is happening while trying to watch content on Disney+, try pausing and then resuming playback after a few minutes to see if it helps resolve the problem.
How To Fix Disney Plus Black Screen And Spinning Wheel
If you’re seeing a black screen and spinning wheel when trying to stream Disney Plus, don’t panic!
There are several steps you can take to try and fix the issue.
Let’s take a look at some of them now.
Check Disney Plus Server
It is important to check if Disney Plus servers are working properly before you attempt to solve any black screen or spinning wheel issues.
To do this, you can visit the official Disney Plus website and check the status of their servers.
If the servers are down, there isn’t much you can do other than wait until they come back online.
However, if the server status is normal, then it could be an issue with your device or internet connection that is causing the problem.
Try Watching Another Show or Movie
If you’re still having trouble with a black screen or spinning wheel while using Disney, try watching another show.
This will help determine if the issue is with the specific show you were trying to watch or if it’s a general issue with Disney Plus.
If you can watch other shows without any problems, then the issue may be related to the specific show you were trying to watch.
Lower Your Video Resolutions
If you’re experiencing a black screen while streaming Disney Plus, one of the first things to try is lowering your image resolutions.
This can be done by accessing your device’s settings and adjusting the resolution from HD or 4K to a lower setting such as 720p or 480p.
Lowering the resolution can help reduce buffering and improve streaming performance.
Check Internet Speed
Checking your internet speed is essential to fixing Disney Plus black screen issue.
To do this:
You can use a speed testing site like Speedtest.net or Fast.com.
The test will show you the download and upload speeds of your current internet connection.
If the result of the speed test shows that your speed is lower than the recommended minimum, then you need to contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for assistance.
If the result of the speed test shows that your internet connection is stable, then you can proceed to other solutions such as connecting to:
- new network,
- rebooting your internet connection,
- power cycling your internet connection, etc.
Changing IP Addresses By Joining a New Network
If you are still facing the Disney Plus black screen or spinning wheel issue, then you can try connecting to a new network.
This will give you a new IP address and can help you get rid of the issue.
To connect to a new network:
- Go to your device’s Settings and click on Network & Internet.
- From here, select the Wi-Fi option and connect to a different network.
- Make sure that the network is strong and stable to get the best streaming experience.
You can also try connecting your device to a mobile hotspot or public Wi-Fi network if available.
Make sure to check the terms and conditions before connecting your device to a public network as it may have certain data usage or security restrictions.
Once you are connected to a new network, open Disney Plus again and check if the issue is resolved.
If not, you can try one of the other solutions mentioned in this article.
Reboot Your Internet Connection
Rebooting your internet connection is a great way to quickly troubleshoot any issues you are having with Disney Plus.
To do this:
- You will need to locate the power switch for your router or modem and turn it off for a few seconds.
- After the allotted time has passed, turn the power switch back on and wait for your internet connection to be re-established.
Once your internet is back up, try launching Disney Plus again.
If the issue persists, you may need to try some of the other solutions listed in this guide.
Power Cycle Your Internet Connection
Power cycling your internet connection will help reset the connection and refresh the system.
Here are the steps you need to follow to power cycle your internet connection:
- Disconnect the power cable from your router and modem.
- Leave them disconnected for at least 30 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cables to your router and modem.
- Wait for a few minutes for them to establish an internet connection.
- Check if the Disney Plus black screen or spinning wheel error has been resolved.
If this solution does not work, you can read further.
Change the DNS Server
Changing your DNS server allows you to access different websites and services, including Disney Plus. This could help you to fix the issue.
Alternative DNS Server you can use (18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124).
Here’s how to do it:
- On your streaming device, open Settings and select Network Settings.
- Look for the option to change your DNS Server and enter a new DNS address. You can find a list of public DNS servers online.
- After you’ve entered the new DNS address, save the changes and restart your device.
- Try launching Disney Plus again and see if the black screen issue has been resolved.
How to Change DNS Server on Mac OS
If you want to change the DNS server settings on your Mac, you can follow the steps below.
- First, open System Preferences from the Apple menu.
- Then select Network and choose a connection.
- Click Advanced, and then select the DNS tab.
- Next, you can add or remove DNS servers or edit their order.
- You can also configure advanced settings like search domains and configure IPv6 addresses.
- When you’re finished making changes, click OK.
If the connection you’re editing is a Wi-Fi connection, you can also change the DNS server settings directly from the Wi-Fi menu in System Preferences.
Go to Settings > Wi-Fi and tap the I icon next to the network that you want to change DNS servers for.
Scroll down to find the DNS section and enter the new server addresses there.
Once your changes are saved, your Mac will start using the new DNS servers immediately.
With these steps, you can easily change your DNS server settings on Mac OS and take advantage of improved performance or better security features offered by different DNS providers.
How to Change DNS Server on Windows PC
Changing the DNS server on your Windows 10 computer is an easy process.
- To get started, press the Windows key to open Settings.
- From there, go to Network & Internet > Change Adapter Settings.
- Right-click on your active internet connection and select Properties.
- Then, select the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) option and click the Properties button.
- Now you can edit your IP settings by selecting the Manual option from the drop-down menu.
- Turn on the IPv4 toggle switch and enter your desired Preferred DNS server address in the appropriate fields.
- Finally, click OK to save your changes.
- Your DNS server is now changed and you can begin using it right away!
By following these steps, you can easily change the DNS server on your Windows 10 or Windows 11 computer.
This will help you access faster and more reliable content than before.
It’s important to note that changing your DNS server won’t affect your internet speed or reliability, but it can help you access different content that would otherwise be blocked.
How to Change DNS Server on Router
To change the DNS server on your router:
Start by finding the default gateway IP address of your router.
This can usually be found in the documentation that came with your router or on the manufacturer’s website.
Once you have the IP address:
- Open a web browser and enter it into the address bar.
- Next, you will need to enter your username and password.
- This information is usually printed on the bottom of your router or in its documentation.
- After logging in, look for an option labeled “Network” or “Internet” and select it.
- Look for a section labeled “DNS” or “Domain Name System” and enter the new DNS server IP addresses.
- If you’re not sure what these are, you can find them on a website like Google Public DNS or OpenDNS.
- Save your changes when done.
- Once you’ve changed the DNS server settings on your router, all devices connected to that router will now use the new settings.
That includes computers, tablets, phones, and any other device that is connected to your Wi-Fi network.
Make sure to restart any device after changing the DNS server settings for them to take effect.
How to Change DNS Server on Samsung TV
It’s easy to change the DNS server to enhance your streaming experience. This step can also fix Disney + Black Screen problem.
Follow the steps below:
- Turn on your Samsung TV and navigate to Menu > Settings > Network > Network Status.
- Select “Network” and then select “Network Status”.
- Select “IP Settings” and change “DNS Mode” to “Manual”.
- Enter the primary and secondary DNS servers that you want to use.
- Select “Done” and then select “Save & Restart”.
- Your Samsung TV will now be using the new DNS server that you have entered.
How to change DNS Server on LG Smart TV
Changing the DNS server on your LG Smart TV is a simple process. Here’s what you need to do:
Turn on your LG Smart TV.
- Press the Home/Smart button on your remote to bring up your launch bar.
- Click the Settings icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select Network from the menu on the left side of the screen.
- Select IP Settings from the list of options.
- In the IP Mode area, click Dynamic and choose Manual.
- Enter your preferred DNS server address in the Primary and Secondary DNS fields, then click OK to save your changes.
That’s all there is to it!
How to Change DNS Server on Vizio TV
If you’re looking to change the DNS server on your Vizio TV, follow these steps:
- From the main menu, select Settings.
- Select Network.
- Select Wired or Wireless depending on your network setup and click Next.
- Change the IP setting from Dynamic to Manual and click Next.
- Go to Setup > Player settings > Network > Network settings > IP address/DNS settings; Turn DNS Auto Configuration off; Enter your new Smart DNS address and press OK.
- Select “Alternate DNS Server” and press “OK”.
- Enter your ISP’s secondary DNS server or “126.96.36.199” and press “OK”. Changes take effect immediately.
Your new settings should now be saved and active on your Vizio TV!
If changing your DNS server didn’t work, don’t worry – there are still a few other steps you can take to fix the issue.
Turn Off VPN
Most of the time VPNs cause these kinds of issues. Turning off your VPN is an important step when troubleshooting Disney Plus issues.
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) provides a secure connection between two networks and can be used to access content that is blocked in certain locations.
If you are using a VPN while streaming Disney Plus, it can cause issues with loading and buffering and even black screen problems.
In order to turn off your VPN:
You first need to find out which type of VPN you are using.
The most common types of VPNs are PPTP, L2TP/IPsec, OpenVPN, and SSTP.
Once you have identified the type of VPN being used, you should be able to find instructions on how to disable it.
It is also important to make sure that you are disconnecting from the VPN properly.
This can be done by logging out of the service or by disabling the connection in the operating system settings.
Once your VPN is disabled, check if Disney Plus works properly. If not, try one of the other troubleshooting steps listed in this guide.
Disable All Ad Blocking Extensions and Ads Blockers
To Disable All Ad Blocking Extensions and Ads Blockers. Follow the steps below:
- Start by opening your web browser or app.
- Next, find the extensions or ad blockers that may be running and disable them.
- After disabling any ad blockers or extensions that are running, close your web browser and restart it.
Once the browser is restarted, try launching Disney Plus again and see if the black screen or spinning wheel has disappeared.
If it’s still present, you may need to try some of the other troubleshooting steps mentioned in this guide.
Clear Browsers Cache and Cookies
If you’re still experiencing a black screen or spinning wheel on Disney Plus, it’s time to clear your browser cache and cookies.
This can help improve the stability and performance of your browser.
To do this:
- Open your preferred browser and press the CTRL SHIFT DELETE keys on your keyboard.
- You should then see a window pop up with different options.
- Choose the option to clear browsing data and select the time range that you would like to clear.
- Make sure that both ‘cookies and other site data’ and ‘cached images and files’ are selected before you click ‘clear data’.
- Once complete, restart your browser and try loading Disney Plus again.
Following the above steps will clear the browser cache and temporary files.
How to Clear Cache On Chrome Browsers
Clearing your cache on Chrome browsers is a quick and easy process. Follow these steps to get it done:
- Open your Chrome browser.
- Press the [Ctrl], [Shift], and [Del] keys together.
- Click the menu button in the top right corner (⋮).
- Select More Tools > Clear browsing data.
- Check the boxes next to Cookies and other site data, and Cached images and files.
- Select a time range from the drop-down menu (e.g., All time).
- Click Clear Data to confirm your selection.
- Your cache will now be cleared for the selected time range and you’re all set!
How to Clear CacheOn Safari Browser
Clearing your cache on Safari is quick and easy. Here’s how you do it:
- Open the Settings app on your Mac.
- Select Safari from the list of options.
- Click “Clear History and Website Data” to delete all website data, including cached files and images.
- Alternatively, you can use the keyboard shortcut [OPTION] [COMMAND] [E] to quickly clear your cache without having to go into your settings.
- To clear specific items rather than all items, go to the top left of your screen and click History.
- From the top menu, click Safari > Preferences and select the items you want to remove from your history.
- Finally, click “Remove All Website Data” to delete only the selected items from your cache.
And that’s it! You’ve successfully cleared your cache on Safari!
Logout & Re-Login to Disney+ Account
Logging out and logging back into your Disney Plus account can help resolve the black screen issue.
To do this, open the Disney Plus app on your device.
- Go to the profile section and select ‘Log Out.’
- After doing so, relaunch the Disney Plus app and log back in.
- Make sure you enter the correct details for your Disney Plus account.
- Once you’ve successfully logged in, check if the black screen issue is fixed.
If not, try one of the other solutions mentioned below.
Reset Your Browser
Resetting your browser is an effective way to troubleshoot Disney Plus Black Screen and Spinning Wheel issues.
To reset your browser, follow the steps below:
- Open Chrome and click on the three-dotted menu icon in the top-right corner.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to Advanced and click on Reset and Clean Up.
- Click on Restore Settings to their original defaults.
- In the pop-up window, click Reset Settings to confirm your choice.
- Open Firefox and click on the three-lined menu icon in the top-right corner.
- Select Help from the drop-down menu, then select Troubleshooting Information from the next window that appears.
- Click Refresh Firefox at the top of the page and confirm your choice in the pop-up window that appears next.
- Open Safari and click on Safari in the top left corner of your screen, then select Preferences from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Go to Advanced, then check mark Show Develop Menu in Menu Bar at the bottom right corner of this section.
- Now, go back to Develop in your Menu Bar and select Reset Safari from this list of options.
- In the pop-up window that appears, checkmark all of the items listed under Reset, then hit Reset to confirm your selection and reset Safari completely.
Login From a Different Device/Browser
Logging in from a different device can help you troubleshoot the issue of the Disney Plus’ black screen and spinning wheel.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the browser on the other device.
- Navigate to Disney Plus on the browser.
- Enter your login credentials and click the ‘Login’ button.
- Once you are logged in, check whether you are still facing the issue or not.
If logging in from a different device does not help, try other solutions from this article to resolve the issue of the Disney Plus black screen and other similar issues.
Delete App Data From Your Phone
If you are still experiencing a black screen or spinning wheel when trying to watch Disney Plus, clearing the app data on your phone can help fix the issue.
To do this, open your device’s Settings and go to Applications, Apps, or Application Manager.
- Find the Disney Plus app and press and hold its application icon to access the options screen.
- Here, you will see the option to clear data and cache.
- Select this option and then restart your phone.
- After your phone has rebooted, open Disney Plus and try streaming something again.
If this does not fix the problem, move on to another solution.
How to Clear Data From Android Phone?
Follow these steps to clear app data on your Android device:
- Open the Settings application on your device.
- Scroll down and tap on Apps.
- Tap on the app you want to clear the app data for.
- Tap Storage and then Clear Data.
- To delete content from other sources, go to Settings > Manage downloads > Downloaded and then Remove.
- Restart your device when prompted to complete the process and clear all data associated with the app you’ve chosen.
How to Clear Data From iPhone or iOS Devices?
Clearing the App Data on your iPhone is easy.
To get started:
- Open the Settings app and tap General.
- Then scroll down and select iPhone Storage.
- Here you will find a list of the apps currently installed on your device.
- Choose the one you wish to clear (Disney) and tap on it.
- You will then see an option to Clear App Data.
- Tap this and the data associated with that app will be deleted.
- You can repeat this process for any other apps you wish to clear.
Update Disney+ App
Updating the Disney App is an easy way to fix any playback issues you may be experiencing.
To update the app:
- Open the App Store or Google Play Store, depending on your device.
- Once the store has opened, search for Disney and click on the app.
- If an update is available, there will be an option to update the app.
- Restart your device after updating and then reopen Disney Plus.
- You should now see a normal display when you log in.
- If you are still having issues, then exit out of Disney app and relaunch it.
- Finally, reboot your streaming device or tablet and open Disney Plus again after updating the app.
Check Your Firewall Settings
If you’re still having trouble with a black screen while using Disney, it could be due to your firewall settings.
To check your firewall settings, follow these steps:
- Open your Firewall settings.
- Look for an option that says something like ‘Allow Applications’ or ‘Application Permissions’.
- Make sure that Disney is listed as an application that is allowed through the Firewall.
- If Disney is not listed, add it to the list of allowed applications and save your changes.
- If Disney is already listed, but you’re still having problems, try removing it from the list and re-adding it so that it is refreshed.
Once you’ve made the necessary changes to your Firewall settings, try streaming on Disney again to see if the issue has been resolved.
Contact Disney Plus Support
If all the above fixes fail then you will have to contact Disney Plus Support so that they can troubleshoot and fix the issue.
You can either contact them by their official website or through email address.
Why Is Disney Plus Buffering?
One of the most common issues with streaming services like Disney Plus is buffering.
This can be a frustrating experience, especially when you’re trying to watch something important.
Buffering occurs when your device is unable to load content quickly enough due to network connection issues or hardware constraints.
There are several things you can do to reduce buffering on Disney Plus.
First, check that your internet connection speed meets the recommended requirements for streaming media from Disney Plus.
You should also make sure that no other devices or programs are using up too much bandwidth while you’re watching Disney Plus.
Try clearing any data stored by the app and restarting your device before attempting to stream again.
It’s also worth noting that if none of these solutions help improve performance there may be an issue with your account or subscription plan.
If this is the case, contact customer service for assistance in troubleshooting the problem and resolving it as soon as possible so you can get back to enjoying Disney Plus without interruption.
Frequently Asked Question
Having Issues with Disney Plus black screens on your Sony, Samsung, or LG smart TV?
If you are experiencing Disney Plus black screen problems on Sony, Samsung, or LG smart TVs, follow the steps below:
1. Verify any internet issues. Check your internet speeds and restart your router/modem.
2. Restart your Smart TV. Unplug the TV from the power outlet, wait a few minutes, and then plug it back in.
If you have a Samsung TV, you can also restart it using the remote control by pressing the Home button, selecting Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset, and then confirming your selection.
3. Clear the temporary data stored on your Fire TV. Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > Disney, select Force Stop, and then confirm your selection.
This will clear any temporary data stored by Disney.
4. Check for any updates to your Smart TV or streaming device software. If an update is available, install it on your device before trying to use Disney again.
5. Reset your streaming device or Smart TV to factory settings if none of these steps fix the issue.
Be sure to back up any important data first as this will erase any customizations you’ve made to your device settings or other applications installed on it.
Why Does My Screen Go Black When Streaming?
If your screen goes black when streaming, there are several possible causes you should consider.
Firstly, it could be an issue with your Windows 10 update to Windows 11.
If this is the case, you should check that the video player used to play the video is up-to-date and compatible with the system.
Secondly, a common cause for a black screen is improper caching of the streaming video. To fix this, clear your browser cache and try again.
Thirdly, it could be an issue with the device or video cable.
If you hear sound but don’t see the video, or if the video goes black while watching, make sure all cables are firmly connected and that the device is functioning properly.
If none of these solutions work, it may be time to contact customer support and find out what other options are available.
Why is My Disney Plus Not Loading?
If you’re wondering why your Disney Plus is not loading, here’s a quick guide to help you out.
First, check your Wi-Fi connection to make sure it is working properly.
If the connection is good, then try refreshing, closing, or restarting your web browser or app and open it again.
If Disney Plus’ servers aren’t the problem, you can try clearing the data and cache from the app.
To do this:
Go to your device’s settings, find the app in question, and select the “Clear Data” and “Clear Cache” options.
Finally, if all else fails, you can contact Disney Plus support for assistance.
They can help you with any technical issues you may be having with the service.
Disney+ black screen issues are a common problem that can be easily fixed.
There are several potential causes for this issue, such as outdated software and an unstable internet connection.
Thankfully, with the right troubleshooting steps you can quickly resolve any problems related to the Disney Plus black screen.
The first step is to make sure your streaming device has the latest software updates installed.
Check if your internet connection is stable by running speed tests or restarting your router/modem.
If these steps don’t work, it may be because of server-side errors on Disney’s end which should eventually sort itself out in due time.
Finally, if you experience buffering while watching videos on Disney+ it could be due to slow download speeds or low bandwidth usage from other devices connected to the same network.
To fix this issue try limiting background downloads or disconnecting unnecessary devices from your home network.
By following these tips you should now have no trouble enjoying all of your favorite content on Disney+.