Forgot your Instagram Password? No Worries! Learn How to Reset and Change Your Instagram Password in Just a Few Easy Steps.
In today’s fast-paced digital world, managing multiple passwords can be a daunting task.
It’s no surprise that occasionally, we find ourselves locked out of our Instagram accounts, unable to recall that elusive password.
But fret not…
…because this comprehensive step-by-step guide on “How to Reset Instagram Password” is here to save the day!
As you dive into this article, we promise to introduce you to a fresh perspective on handling password resets and management for your Instagram account. You’ll discover:
- How to change or reset your password on both mobile and desktop platforms
- How to enhance your account security by setting up two-factor authentication
- And, as a bonus, valuable tips for generating strong passwords that are easy to remember yet hard to crack
So, sit back, relax, and let us guide you through this life-changing journey of mastering the art of resetting your Instagram password.
By the end of this article, you’ll have all the necessary knowledge to tackle any password-related issues with ease and confidence, making your Instagram experience safer and more enjoyable than ever before!
How to Change Your Instagram Password?
Changing your Instagram password regularly is a crucial step in ensuring the security of your account.
In this section, we will cover the step-by-step process of changing your password on both the mobile app and the desktop site.
On the Mobile App
Follow these simple steps to change your Instagram password using the mobile app:
- Launch the Instagram app on your smartphone.
- Select “Account” by tapping on your profile icon in the bottom right corner.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines in the top-right corner to access the menu.
- Go to “Settings” located at the bottom of the menu.
- Select “Security” from the Settings options.
- Tap on “Password” to access the password change screen.
- Enter your old password and then enter your new password twice to confirm.
- Save changes by tapping on “Save” in iOS or the checkmark in Android.
On the Desktop Site
To change your Instagram password on the desktop site, follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram website in your browser.
- Go to the Account icon located in the top-right corner.
- Select “Profile” from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Click on the gear icon next to your username and “Edit Profile” button.
- Select “Change Password” from the pop-up menu.
- Enter your current password and then enter your new password.
- Click on “Change Password” to finalize the update.
By following these simple steps, you can easily change your Instagram password and keep your account secure.
Remember to create a strong password using a combination of numbers, letters, and special characters to enhance your account’s security.
Additionally, consider enabling two-factor authentication for added protection.
How to Reset Instagram Password?
If you’ve forgotten your Instagram password, don’t worry.
In this section, we’ll guide you through the process of resetting your password on both the mobile app and the desktop site.
Follow these step-by-step instructions to regain access to your account.
On the Mobile App
To reset your Instagram password using the mobile app, follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram app on your smartphone.
- Click on “Get help signing in” located below the login fields.
- Enter your email address, username, or phone number associated with your account.
- Click “Next” to proceed.
- Select your preferred password reset method: send an email, send an SMS, or log in with Facebook.
- Follow the instructions provided by Instagram to reset your password.
On the Desktop Site
To reset your Instagram password on the desktop site, follow these steps:
- Go to the Instagram website in your browser.
- Click on “Forgotten your password?” located below the login fields.
- Enter your email address, phone number, or username associated with your account.
- Click on “Send Login Link” to request a password reset link.
- Follow the instructions provided by Instagram to reset your password.
Use Facebook Reset
If you’ve linked your Instagram account to your Facebook account, you can use Facebook to reset your password:
- Open the Instagram app or website and navigate to the login screen.
- Click on your name with the Facebook icon located below the login fields.
- Instagram will use your Facebook account to log you in and prompt you to reset your password.
By following these simple steps, you can quickly reset your Instagram password and regain access to your account.
Once you’ve reset your password, consider setting up two-factor authentication for added security.
Additionally, create a strong password using a combination of numbers, letters, and special characters to enhance your account’s security.
Setting Up Two-Factor Authentication
Enhance the security of your Instagram account by setting up two-factor authentication (2FA).
This added layer of protection requires you to verify your identity with a secondary method when logging in, making it harder for unauthorized users to access your account.
Follow these step-by-step instructions to set up 2FA through the Instagram app or website.
Through the Instagram App
To set up two-factor authentication using the Instagram app, follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram app on your smartphone.
- Go to your profile by tapping the profile icon.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines in the top right corner.
- Select “Settings” from the menu.
- Tap on “Security” to access security settings.
- Select “Two-Factor Authentication” to begin the setup process.
- Choose your preferred 2FA method from Authentication Apps, WhatsApp, and Text Messages.
To set up an authentication app for two-factor authentication, follow these steps:
- Follow the on-screen steps to set up an authentication app, like Google Authenticator or Authy.
- Enter your account name and save it in the app.
- Copy the generated passcode and enter it in the Instagram app.
- Click on “Done” to complete the setup.
To set up WhatsApp for two-factor authentication, follow these steps:
- Enable WhatsApp for two-step verification within the Instagram app.
- Enter your WhatsApp number associated with your account.
- Enter the confirmation code sent to your WhatsApp number.
- Tap on “Done” to complete the setup.
To set up text message-based two-factor authentication, follow these steps:
- Enable Text Message for two-step verification within the Instagram app.
- Instagram sends a six-digit code to the registered phone number associated with your account.
- Enter the received code in the app.
- Tap on “Done” to complete the setup.
Through the Instagram Website
To set up two-factor authentication using the Instagram website, follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram website in your browser.
- Click on your profile icon in the top right corner.
- Select “Profile” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the gear icon next to the Edit Profile button.
- Go to “Privacy and Security” in the left-hand menu.
- Click on “Edit two-factor authentication settings” to begin the setup process.
- Follow similar steps as in the Instagram app to set up your preferred 2FA method.
By setting up two-factor authentication, you significantly improve the security of your Instagram account, making it more difficult for hackers or unauthorized users to gain access.
Resetting Instagram Password with a New Email
If you need to reset your Instagram password using a new email address, follow these simple steps.
This method is helpful when you no longer have access to the email address associated with your account or when you want to update your account’s email address.
Change Email ID on Your Instagram Account
- Open the Instagram app or go to the Instagram website.
- Go to your profile by tapping or clicking the profile icon.
- Tap or click on the “Edit Profile” button.
- Locate the “Email” field and enter your new email address.
- Save changes by tapping or clicking the “Submit” button.
Verify New Email ID Through the Instagram Verification Email
- Check your new email’s inbox for a verification email from Instagram.
- Open the verification email and click on the confirmation link provided.
- Verify your new email address by following the on-screen instructions.
Reset Your Password Using the New Email ID
- Log out from the Instagram app or the website.
- On the login screen, click on “Forgot password?”.
- Enter your new email address in the provided field.
- Click on “Send Login Link”.
- Check your new email’s inbox for an email containing a password reset link.
- Open the email and click on the password reset link.
- Set your new password by entering it twice in the provided fields.
- Click on “Reset Password” to complete the process.
Now you have successfully reset your Instagram password using a new email address. Remember to use a strong and unique password to enhance your account’s security.
Tips for Generating a Strong Password
Creating a strong and secure password is crucial to protect your Instagram account from unauthorized access and potential hackers.
Follow these tips to generate a strong password that’s difficult to crack but easy for you to remember.
Don’t Use a Weak Password That Can Be Guessed Easily
Avoid using common phrases, dictionary words, or predictable patterns like “123456” or “password.”
Hackers often target weak passwords, making your account more susceptible to unauthorized access.
Use a Combination of Numbers, Alphabets, and Special Characters
A strong password should include a mix of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters.
This combination makes it harder for hackers to guess or crack your password using brute force methods.
Here are some suggestions for creating a strong password:
- Use a passphrase: Choose a memorable phrase and replace some characters with numbers or special characters. For example, “ILovePizza” can be transformed into “1L0veP!zza.”
- Combine unrelated words: Pick two or more unrelated words and combine them with numbers or special characters. For example, “GiraffePiano47!”
- Use initials of a sentence: Create a sentence and use the first letter of each word, including numbers and special characters. For example, “My cat has 9 lives and loves to sleep!” can be transformed into “Mch9l&l2s!”
Use Third-Party Apps for Generating Strong Passwords
Several third-party apps and websites can generate strong, random passwords for you.
These tools often allow you to customize the password length and character types, ensuring that the generated password meets your security requirements.
Some popular password generators include:
- LastPass: A well-known password manager that also features a built-in password generator.
- 1Password: Another popular password manager with a password generator function.
- Random.org: A website that offers a customizable random password generator.
By following these tips and using a strong password, you significantly increase the security of your Instagram account and reduce the likelihood of unauthorized access.
Remember to keep your password confidential and avoid using the same password across multiple accounts.
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Reset Your Instagram Password If You’ve Forgotten It?
If you’ve forgotten your Instagram password, resetting it is a simple process.
First, navigate to the Instagram login page and click on “Forgot Password.” Enter your email or username associated with your Instagram account, and Instagram will send you an email with instructions on how to reset your password.
If you don’t receive the email within a few minutes, check your spam folder.
Follow the link provided in the email and enter a new password for your account. Make sure to choose a strong password that consists of a mix of uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols to keep your account secure.
Once you’ve reset your password, you should be able to log in to your Instagram account with your new password.
Why Can’t I Reset My Instagram Password?
You may be experiencing difficulty resetting your Instagram password due to a variety of reasons.
Firstly, if you have forgotten your email address or phone number associated with your account, you will not be able to reset your password as Instagram requires them for verification purposes.
Additionally, if your account is currently being hacked or compromised, Instagram may temporarily disable your ability to reset your password as a security measure.
Lastly, if you have attempted to reset your password multiple times within a short period, Instagram may block your account for a few hours to prevent potential hacking attempts.
It is recommended to follow Instagram’s guidelines and wait patiently before attempting to reset your password again.
How To Change My Instagram Password?
To change your Instagram password, first open the app on your device and go to your profile.
Then, click on the three horizontal lines in the top right corner and select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
Next, click on “Security,” followed by “Password.” You will be asked to enter your current password and then your new password twice to confirm the change.
Finally, click “Save” to update your password. It is recommended to choose a unique, strong password and to avoid using personal information or common phrases.
With these simple steps, you can easily change your Instagram password and secure your account.
How To Reset Instagram Password Without Email or Phone Number?
If you’ve forgotten your Instagram password and don’t have access to the email address or phone number associated with your account, don’t worry, there is still a way to reset your password.
To do so, you’ll need to tap the “Get help logging in” or “Forgot password?” button on the sign-in page and insert your username.
From there, you’ll be asked to provide some personal information to verify your identity, such as your full name and date of birth.
Once you’ve confirmed your identity, you’ll be prompted to create a new password for your account.
It’s important to note that having a strong, unique password is crucial for protecting your personal information and keeping your account secure.
How Do I Get My Instagram Back?
To recover your disabled or forgotten Instagram account, you can try the following steps.
Firstly, for a forgotten account password, tap the “Forgot password?” button on the sign-in page and insert your username.
Instagram will guide you through the password reset process.
If your account has been disabled, you can try to appeal the decision by following the instructions on the email or notification you received.
If the decision was made by mistake, Instagram will reinstate your account.
However, if the account was disabled due to violation of their community guidelines, the decision is final and the account cannot be accessed or recovered.
Remember that your account can also be logged out automatically if you change your password or if an error occurs.
Therefore, it is advisable to always remember your password and log out properly when not using Instagram.
How Do I Recover My Instagram Account With Just a Username?
To recover your Instagram account with just your username, follow these simple steps.
Firstly, open the Instagram app on your smartphone and tap the “Get help logging in” or “Forgot password?” button on the sign-in page.
Next, insert your username and select “Forgot username?” if you remember your username but don’t know your password.
This will take you to the “Need more help?” page, where you can recover your account from the mobile app.
If you have also forgotten your password, you can reset it with the email linked to your account.
Simply click on “Forgot password?” and follow the prompts to reset your password and regain access to your Instagram account.
By following these steps, you should be able to recover your Instagram account with just your username, quickly and easily.
How Long Does Instagram Reset Password?
If you’re in need of resetting your Instagram password, you can expect to receive the “reset password email” within 48 hours after filling out the necessary form.
It’s important to note though that the reset password form only lasts for 30 minutes.
So, if you fail to complete the form within this time, you’ll have to request a new one.
It’s advisable to keep a close eye on your email during this period to avoid missing the reset link.
The reset link itself will only be valid for a limited time, usually 24 hours.
Therefore, it’s important to act fast to avoid having to request a new link.
Overall, the process of Instagram password recovery is relatively straightforward, but it’s crucial to act quickly to avoid delays.
How Do I Change My Instagram Password Without My Phone?
If you need to change your Instagram password but don’t have access to your phone, there are still options for doing so.
First, go to the sign-in page and tap “Get help logging in” or “Forgot password?” Then, enter your username and select the Security option at the top.
From there, choose “I can’t access this email address or phone number.” Tap Menu in the bottom right corner and then Settings.
If you’ve set up two-factor authentication using Duo Mobile, you won’t need to create a new account or membership with Duo.
Enter the unique code sent to your email or phone number and your password change should be successful.
What Is The Best Password For Instagram?
When creating a password for your Instagram account, the best approach is to choose a strong and unique combination of characters that is difficult for hackers to guess.
Start by avoiding obvious choices such as your name, date of birth, or easy-to-guess words like “password” or “123456”.
Opt for a password that is at least 8 characters long and includes a mix of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols.
Additionally, try to avoid using common words or keyboard patterns. Consider using a password manager tool to generate and store your passwords securely.
Stay vigilant and update your password regularly to avoid potential security breaches.
Why Am I Not Getting Instagram Security Code SMS?
If you are not receiving Instagram security code SMS, the most common reason could be that you have blocked them.
Ensure that you have not blocked any messages from Instagram through your device settings. Additionally, check if your mobile phone can receive SMS messages correctly by sending an SMS to your mobile number from another device.
If the message is blocked by your carrier or email service provider, it doesn’t show up in your inbox.
Make sure you have not marked notification messages or emails as junk. If you are entering the verification code provided by Instagram and it is showing as incorrect, request a new two-step authentication code and enter it immediately.
Remember, these codes expire quickly.
Please make sure that your service plan and mobile device support text message delivery.
Landlines do not receive SMS codes, so make sure you are using a mobile phone number.
By following these steps, you should be able to successfully receive verification codes from Instagram.
Why is Instagram Not Sending Me the Email Code?
If you’re not receiving the email code from Instagram, there could be a few reasons why.
Firstly, your email or carrier service provider may have blocked the email or message containing the code.
Another possibility could be that you have multiple inactive Instagram accounts listed in your Duo Mobile app, and you’re using a passcode from the wrong account.
Additionally, if you don’t have access to the email address associated with your account, the Recover Username option won’t work.
However, there is a solution. You can use one of Instagram’s backup codes instead of the code received by email or SMS.
To access these codes, go to the Instagram app, open the Settings menu, and select the option to view your backup codes.
If you don’t have your backup code or are experiencing other issues, you can contact Instagram’s Technical Help Desk for assistance.
Can You Get Your IG Back After Getting Hacked?
If you’ve been hacked on Instagram, you’ll need to take immediate action to regain access to your account.
The first thing you should do is change your password right away and notify your connections that your account may have been compromised.
However, if you’re still unable to log in, you’ll need to make a special support request to Meta (the parent company of Instagram).
Make sure to include only the email address you have access to for the fastest recovery process.
Instagram will send you a message if your email address has been changed, and you may be able to revert that change and regain control of your account.
It’s important to act quickly and get in touch with a live person at Instagram, as they’ll be able to assist you in getting your hacked account back.
What’s The Difference Between Changing a Password And Resetting a Password?
When it comes to passwords, it’s important to know the difference between changing and resetting them.
Changing a password requires that you know the current password and can be done by the user themselves or an administrator.
This ensures that only authorized individuals can modify the credentials.
Resetting a password, on the other hand, can be done by an administrator when the user forgets their password or is locked out of their account.
This process bypasses the current password and allows the user to create a new one.
However, reset passwords may not follow the same password history requirements, rendering them less secure.
So, whether you’re changing or resetting a password, it’s important to keep security in mind and avoid reusing previous passwords.
How to Reset Instagram Password Without Old Password?
If you need to reset your Instagram password but don’t have access to your old password, don’t worry – it’s easy to do.
First, open Instagram and tap on “Forgot Password?” on the login screen.
Enter your username or email address and follow the prompts to request a password reset link.
If you have a phone number associated with your account, you can also use that to reset your password.
Once you receive the reset link, click on it and enter a new password.
Be sure to choose a strong and unique password to keep your account secure.
If you are still having trouble resetting your password, contact Instagram’s support team for assistance.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ve covered all the essential steps and tips to help you manage your Instagram password efficiently and securely.
Let’s quickly recap the key points before you embark on your journey to enhance your Instagram account security.
Recap the Key Points Covered in the Article
- Changing Your Instagram Password: We’ve explained how to change your password on both the mobile app and desktop site.
- Resetting Your Instagram Password: We’ve provided step-by-step instructions for resetting your password using various methods.
- Setting Up Two-Factor Authentication: We’ve discussed how to set up this extra layer of security on your account.
- Resetting Instagram Password with a New Email: We’ve covered the process of updating your email and resetting your password.
- Tips for Generating a Strong Password: We’ve shared valuable tips and best practices for creating a secure password.
Now that you have all the necessary knowledge and tools, it’s time to take action and improve the security of your Instagram account.
Remember, a strong password and two-factor authentication can significantly reduce the risk of unauthorized access and keep your account safe.
Don’t wait any longer! Start implementing these measures today, and enjoy a more secure and worry-free Instagram experience.
If you found this guide helpful, please share it with your friends and family to help them protect their accounts too. Stay safe and happy Instagramming!
Read all Instagram Fixes.