Remember when you could sit at your computer, track your UPS package in real time, and know exactly when to expect your delivery?
Unfortunately, UPS Follow My Delivery is no longer available.
UPS, a world-renowned courier service, had introduced this feature to offer their customers a seamless and convenient tracking experience.
Customers adored it! But now, it’s discontinued, leaving many puzzled and frustrated.
Let’s journey together to unravel the mystery behind the disappearance of this feature, its impact on customers, and how we can address the challenges of package tracking.
- UPS Follow My Delivery, a real-time package tracking feature, is no longer available.
- The discontinuation of Follow My Delivery has left customers facing challenges in tracking their packages.
- Speculated reasons for the discontinuation include high maintenance costs, safety concerns, inconvenience to delivery personnel, and difficulty for drivers.
- Without Follow My Delivery, locating UPS trucks and preventing missed deliveries has become more difficult.
- Customers can use alternative tracking methods such as the UPS Tracking Portal, UPS Mobile App, customer service, or third-party tracking services.
- Common package tracking issues include packages not reaching the final sorting facility, barcode scanning issues, unpredictable weather, and delivery/scanning delays.
- It is recommended to wait for package information to become available, speak with the driver, visit the local post office for updates (if applicable), and add your address to the UPS database for notifications.
Understanding UPS Follow My Delivery
UPS Follow My Delivery was more than a tracking feature.
It was like having a magic map!
You could see your package move in real-time and even estimate when it might reach your doorstep.
This was possible through GPS tracking, providing customers with a detailed view of their package’s journey.
This feature empowered customers to plan their day around the delivery, a blessing during the holiday season when UPS handled an avalanche of packages.
But with its discontinuation, this control has vanished, leaving a void filled with uncertainty.
Why is Follow My Delivery No Longer Available?
Regrettably, UPS hasn’t offered an official explanation about this surprise discontinuation. But we can speculate a few plausible reasons:
- High cost of maintaining GPS tracking.
- Safety concerns for UPS couriers due to customer interference.
- Inconvenience to the delivery personnel from constant tracking.
- Difficulty for drivers navigating the app.
Though these are only speculations, they show the potential concerns that could have prompted UPS to discontinue this feature.
The Impact on UPS Customers
The cancellation of Follow My Delivery has left customers grappling with several issues.
Before, customers could time their day around the delivery, preventing missed deliveries and ensuring they were present to receive their package.
However, without the feature:
- Locating UPS trucks has become a treasure hunt, leading to missed deliveries.
- Package theft has increased due to lack of real-time tracking.
- Other suggested UPS tracking methods aren’t as reliable.
With the absence of Follow My Delivery, it’s clear that a new solution is needed.
UPS must consider these challenges and offer an alternative tracking solution that ensures customer satisfaction.
Until then, stay tuned!
We’ll explore other efficient ways to track your packages.
Missing the UPS Follow My Delivery? Check Out These Alternatives!
Alternative Tracking Methods
The loss of UPS Follow My Delivery has left a void for many of us.
But, don’t worry!
There are still plenty of ways you can keep tabs on your UPS package. Here are your best bets:
- UPS Tracking Portal: Pop over to ups.com, punch in your tracking number, and you’ll find the real-time status of your package and when it’s expected to arrive.
- UPS Mobile App: Download the app for updates, delivery alerts, and even reschedule your delivery if needed.
- Customer Service: Having a hard time finding your package? UPS customer service is just a call away!
- Third-party Tracking: Websites like Parcel Monitor or PackageTrackr, or apps like ShipTrack can be life-savers. Some retailers also offer tracking for packages shipped through UPS.
While we all miss Follow My Delivery, these alternatives keep us informed and ensure a smooth delivery experience.
Understanding Common Package Tracking Issues
Sometimes, tracking a package feels like following a treasure map, especially when:
- The Parcel hasn’t reached the final sorting facility: This might be due to misplaced packages or technical glitches. A quick call to the carrier should clear things up.
- Barcode Scanning Issues: A damaged barcode or faulty scanner can lead to delivery delays. Always ensure your package barcode is clear and visible.
- Unpredictable Weather: Adverse conditions can suspend operations for safety. Keep an eye on the forecast!
- Delivery and Scanning Delays: Traffic, accidents, or higher volume of orders can slow things down. Patience is key here.
Knowledge about these issues can help you handle any package delays.
Tracking Tips for When Information is Unavailable
Don’t fret if your tracking information is playing hide and seek! Here’s what you can do:
- Wait it out: Delays happen. Give it a few extra days.
- Speak with the driver: They might have some useful information.
- Visit your local post office: If USPS sent your package, they could provide updates.
- Add your address to the UPS database: This helps you receive notifications about your packages.
Remember, the package isn’t lost until you’ve tried everything!
Recent News on UPS Follow My Delivery
There’s been no news about UPS reviving Follow My Delivery.
However, the company is continuously improving its delivery system and has implemented a Comprehensive Health and Safety Process program and On-Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation system to protect its fleet and customers.
Don’t forget, you can always file a claim for damaged or undelivered goods on the UPS website.
Did UPS Discontinue Follow My Delivery?
Yes, UPS no longer offers the Follow My Delivery feature. This popular service, which allowed customers to see their packages’ real-time progress on a live map, was discontinued without a clearly stated reason.
What Does It Mean if UPS Tracking Says “Not Available”?
If UPS tracking indicates “not available”, it could be due to a number of reasons:
1. Recent Shipment: The package or tracking number might be new, and the system might need time to update. In such instances, waiting a few hours or up to 24 hours is advised.
2.Pickup or Scanning Delay: The package might not have been picked up or scanned into the UPS system yet. In this case, waiting a bit and checking the status again later is recommended.
3.Technical Glitch: Occasional system disruptions or technical issues can prevent the display of tracking information. Try tracking the package again after a while in such cases.
If the status does not change for a long time, or if you’re worried about your package, contact UPS customer service for more information.
How Do I Access UPS Follow My Delivery?
Even though UPS has discontinued Follow My Delivery, previously you could access it as follows:
1. Visit the UPS website at www.ups.com.
2. Navigate to the “Tracking” section.
3. Enter your tracking number.
4. Click on the “Track” button.
5. If available, click on “Follow My Delivery” to see a live map of your package’s location.
Can I Ask UPS to Redeliver a Package?
Yes, if you missed the first delivery attempt and your package doesn’t require an adult’s signature, sign in the space provided on the UPS delivery notice and leave it where the driver initially left it. This signals your request for redelivery.
How Long Does it Take for UPS Tracking to Become Available?
It typically takes up to 24 hours for UPS tracking to become available. If you don’t see updates after 24 hours, consider factors like package pickup or scanning delays.
How Long is UPS Tracking Information Available?
Generally, UPS keeps tracking information for up to 120 days from the shipment date. However, the availability may vary based on the type of shipment, service used, and the country of origin or destination. For the most accurate information, visit the UPS website or contact their customer service.
Why Isn’t My UPS Tracking Information Updating?
If your UPS tracking info isn’t updating, it might be because the package hasn’t been scanned yet, or it hasn’t been scanned at the next checkpoint. If you don’t see an update after 24 hours, contact UPS customer support directly.
Does UPS Sometimes Fail to Update Tracking?
Yes, occasionally, UPS tracking might not update due to reasons like unscanned packages, scanning and updating delays, system glitches, or high shipment volumes. Contact UPS customer service if tracking information isn’t updated for a long time.
How Do I Know if I Missed a UPS Delivery?
If you missed a UPS delivery, check for a UPS InfoNotice at your door or a notification in your mailbox. You can also use your InfoNotice number or tracking number to check your package’s status on the UPS website.
Wrapping it Up
To wrap things up, we understand that the discontinuation of the Follow My Delivery feature may have left many UPS customers puzzled and disappointed.
But don’t worry! There are still several handy ways to keep a tab on your packages.
Keep in mind, UPS might have put a stop to the real-time tracking map due to safety considerations, logistical hurdles, or the cost involved in maintaining GPS tracking.
Despite this change, UPS offers other reliable methods for tracking your deliveries:
- Online Tracking Portal: Here, you can monitor your package’s progress.
- Customer Service: You can reach out to them for any queries regarding your shipment.
- Adding Addresses: By saving your address in their database, UPS can provide you with automatic updates.
Remember, all shipping processes can occasionally encounter challenges like delayed delivery due to weather changes, or hiccups in barcode scanning.
But fear not! These issues can often be resolved with a bit of patience, open communication with delivery drivers, and timely contact with local post offices.
So, let’s all step up to the challenge and explore the various tracking alternatives provided by UPS.
Remember, a little patience goes a long way in ensuring a smooth delivery process. So, cheer up and keep tracking!